Back in 2008, a group of investors approached us needing a name for a new company with a novel solution for insuring adequate electricity during peak load demand, especially in the hot summer months in different parts of the country. Some of the criteria for this new name included:
- Something that conveyed the right long term solution
- A short, preferably two syllable name that was easy to say and spell
- A confidence-building name that helped establish trust and convey reliability
- Something related to this country’s power grid, so that the name had some immediate relevance and hopefully captured the attention of the prospect
- And most importantly, a name that was easy to remember
After considering a wide variety of alternatives, our client selected a name that over the last two years has helped them establish their new company and its solution as a leader in the field. For more information on their success and history, go to their web site.