Built in the 1930’s in the art deco style, University Towers is located in the university district in Seattle (akin to the Fillmore District in San Francisco).
As part of a major renovation, the owners wanted to rebrand the property with a more hip look and with-it name that fit its architecture and proximity to the university fraternities and sororities.
The Hotel Deca name was chosen after reviewing dozens of ideas because it:
- Tied back to the art deco style
- Deca is from the Greek for “10,” appealing to the local fraternities and sororities and their social chairs
- It differentiated the property from all competitors throughout Seattle
- It was easy to say, spell and remember
- It was short, easily fitting on signage and other brand touch points