Many of you may find yourselves constantly fighting to grab top of mind awareness and preference for your key brand names.
One tactic that will help ensure victory is to thoroughly analyze your competitors’ names, nomenclature system and naming architecture. Competitive brand name research can address issues like:
- Which names are driving the most traffic to each of your competitor’s web sites?
- How are competitors employing different naming strategies like master brands, endorser brands and blue granules?
- Where has “category creep” created inconsistencies between trademark rights and actual usage?
- How well are your brand names performing compared to your competitors on key metrics like memorability, positive purchase intent, differentiation and engagement?
- Where are the weaknesses in each competitor’s naming architecture and how can you leverage your brand portfolio to take advantage of the resulting opportunities?
For answers to these and many other related question, reach out!